Nov 21, 2020
INSURANCE COMPANIES (and their Clients)
The following InspekTech® COVID-19 Site Protocols  and  are in place in response to Government of British Columbia regulations and recommendations pertaining to Covid-19. Office work & deliverables continue without interruption.
InspekTech® Field Inspectors (FI) are directed to observe the following:
- Ensure they are well when visiting a dwelling.
Ensure the site contact(s) is well prior to entering the dwelling.
If the FI or the site contact(s) are exhibiting symptoms of illness, our FI must reschedule the appointment for a date not less than two weeks into the future.
Our FI’s are to ask the site contact(s), ideally in advance of their site visit, to:
- Provide unobstructed access to the mechanicals (i.e. heating equipment, water heater, electrical panel, etc.).
- Be willing/able to supervise small children and pets so as not to cause physical distancing issues.
- Have lights turned on (or our FI will have to turn lights on in darkened rooms) and have doors opened (or our FI will need to open as needed).
While on site, our FI’s are instructed to:
- When appropriate physical distancing cannot be maintained, our FI's are required to wear a mask while on site.
- If desired by the Insured or FI, for the FI to use hand sanitizer before and after they have done their site work.
- As may be required, take a plastic bag to collect used wipes, gloves and any other disposable items used during the inspection (dispose).
- As may be appropriate and accomodating to the insured, communicate these protocols when making the appointment or reiterate them when arriving. As always, our FI’s are expected to be friendly, courteous, and accommodating!
Following Site work, our FI’s are directed to:
- Sanitize equipment they have used on any given site when the FI considers such action needful (i.e. camera, laser, tape measure, phone and/or other electronic devices, etc.).
- If our FI postpones a site visit, or place a site visit on hold, they are to communicate and update the Notes in the InspekTech® system accordingly within 24hrs to ensure up-to-date file status.
InspekTech® Field Inspectors Advisory:
We have also instructed our FI’s to weigh any other info they may be aware of in order that they might adhere to mutually responsible health parameters when visiting any given site. Should you have any questions or require clarification, please contact us.
e: COVID-19 InspekTech
# 401, 800-15355-24th Ave,
Surrey, British Columbia,
Canada V4A 2H9
Phone: (604) 542-0509
Email and further contact options, please click here.