INSURANCE COMPANIES (and their Clients)
The following InspekTech® COVID-19 Site Protocols are in place in response to Government of British Columbia regulations and recommendations pertaining to Covid-19. Site and Office work, including client deliverables, continue without interruption as an Essential Service.
InspekTech: Travel Expemption between Health Zones in BC
InspekTech Exemption, Letter >
InspekTech: Site Saftey Plan Protocol
Update at August 24, 2021 >
InspekTech® Field Inspectors (FI) are directed to observe the following as an Essential Service:
- Ensure they are well when visiting a dwelling.
Ensure the site contact(s) is well prior to entering the dwelling.
If the FI or the site contact(s) are exhibiting symptoms of illness, our FI must reschedule the appointment for a date not less than two weeks into the future.
Our FI’s are to ask the site contact(s), ideally in advance of their site visit, to:
- Provide unobstructed access to the mechanicals (i.e. heating equipment, water heater, electrical panel, etc.).
- Be willing/able to supervise small children and pets.
- Have lights turned on and doors opened (Note: it is the sole responsbility of the homeowner to turn any lights off, or close doors, as they may wish upon the FI's exit of any given room or area).
While on site, our FI’s are instructed to:
- As an Essential Service in BC providing services in a private (non-public) setting, InspekTech leaves COVID related site decisions, in context of the Circulars herein and our standing COVID Safety Plan, to the Field Inspector(s) AND the Insured's mutual discretion and comfort level.
- As may be appropriate and accomodating to the insured, communicate these protocols when making the appointment or state before entering the interior of the building(s).
- As always, our FI’s are expected to be friendly, courteous, and accommodating to all parties when visiting a site for interior & exterior work.
Following Site work, our FI’s are directed to:
- As may be required, take a plastic bag to collect used wipes, gloves and any other disposable items used during the inspection (dispose).
- Sanitize equipment they have used on any given site when the FI considers such action needful (i.e. camera, laser, tape measure, phone and/or other electronic devices, etc.).
- If our FI postpones a site visit, or place a site visit on hold, they are to communicate and update the Notes in the InspekTech® system accordingly within 24hrs to ensure up-to-date file status.
InspekTech® Field Inspectors Advisory:
We have also instructed our FI’s to weigh any other information they may become aware of, to the best of their ability, in order that they might adhere to mutually responsible health parameters when visiting any given site.
e: COVID-19 InspekTech
# 401, 800-15355-24th Ave,
Surrey, British Columbia,
Canada V4A 2H9
Phone: (604) 542-0509
Email and further contact options, please click here.